Best Wet Cat Food
Whether it is about your children, your pet parrot, your pet dog, your pet cat, or even your little pet creeper in a pot, it all comes down to proper nutrition when growing up into a healthy adult is concerned. This is why we see so many articles, researches, new and evolving kinds and what not when it comes to finding out the right kind of food. Any pet parent would agree on the fact that it is rather important to feed your little friend the right kind of food and the right diet to make sure they grow up healthy and live a fulfilled diet without being a picky eater especially when it comes to cats.
While other pets like dogs are still very open to trying and eating different kinds of dog food and treats and often adjust to the available different kinds, cats often end up being the troublemakers and throw tantrums when eating certain kinds of foods or even when it is about drinking water.
Out of several available cat foods like dry foods, moist foods, semi-moist foods, and wet foods, the most popular one among most cat parents and a popular choice of many vets seems to be cat wet food. No doubt that wet foods for cats have a wide range of health benefits and also turn out to be something that picky eaters seem to like. Being a predatory species, cats have a natural instinct to get most of the water requirement for a day from their prey itself which may explain why your cat won’t drink water from the bowl no matter how much you try.
Wet cat foods are made keeping this thing in mind to make sure that domesticated cats are able to complete the daily requirement of the water content needed in their bodies from the food itself hence offering a long-term solution for a major problem. Aside from these, there is a huge list of benefits that these wet foods offer which makes them totally worth adding to the meal regime of your kitty.
Benefits of Wet Cat Foods
Out of all the numerous health benefits that wet foods can introduce you to, we have listed a few top ones below. Apart from all the nutritional value that wet foods add to the diet of your cat, the practical packaging that they come in makes it very easy for owners to bring them out at mealtimes and even store them. Rest aside, the following are the top benefits of including wet cat foods in your feline’s diet.
- Ultimate Solution for Dehydration: As evident, wet cat food comes with a significant amount of moisture and water content. Tthis makes it ideal for cats who are always reluctant to drink water from bowls and hence are on the verge of not completing their daily necessary water intake leading them to dehydration – the root cause of many underlying diseases. Wet cat foods have 70-75% water content in them combined with different kinds of solid chucks making them perfect for the cats who just hate to drink water.
- Makes Way for Lean Body Mass: One of the main characteristics of cat wet foods is that they are exceptionally high in protein content. This makes wet foods an ideal food item for cats who either need to gain some muscle mass or who need to lose some weight. Switching from dry kibble to wet food is a standard practice that many cat owners adopt when their cat needs a little bit of weight management. The effects are so efficient that even changing one meal per day to wet food will show visible results.
- Supports Immunity and Mobility: The high-protein content of wet cat foods is also responsible to boost the immunity of cats and help in keeping the ligaments, joints, and bones healthy. The increased muscle mass in the body helps reducing strain on joints and hence making mobility a lot easier.
- Introduces Variety: When it comes to food with variety, wet foods stand on the pinnacle. Unlike dry kibble, there are numerous flavors that you can choose from and have your cat try out before deciding on one. From tuna and salmon to pork, mutton, chicken, and a lot more, there is no shortage of options to choose from.
- Power-Packed with Macro and Micro Nutrients: One of the best things about wet cat food is that every serving is a complete, balanced diet filled with both macro and micronutrients which are generally missing from most kinds of dry food.
- Helps in Growing a Healthy Coat: The coat that is going to be the pride of your cat and you as well will grow exceptionally well when administering wet food in your diet. The presence of nutrients like biotin, omegas, and keratin in the food makes sure that both skin and coat of the cats are healthy and beautiful.
While most wet cat foods differ on the basis of flavors and the main content used to introduce the said flavor, there are a few other types that you as a cat parent would be more than happy to know. These types are based on the stages and age of your cat and the kind of texture that wet foods contain. Let us have a look.
Wet Cat for Kittens
Starting them young is going to be a very wise decision that you will come to admire yourself for when your cat finally grows up in an adult who is not a picky eater. Wet food for kittens is specifically made for this purpose with some of the most favorite flavors that kittens seem to admire and containing all the necessary nutrients that a newborn kitten needs in order to grow big and strong which are proteins for muscle and ligament growth, healthy fats for hair and skin and calcium for bones. While the requirement for protein is highest in the early stages of the life of a cat, carbs are also essential to keep them energized.
For Senior Cats
Specially designed for cats who are older and wiser now, these wet foods contain a significant amount of protein that a cat requires in order to stay on top of its health in the later stages of life. The other nutrients that wet cat foods for senior cats come with are antioxidants, healthy fats, and a few other micros like vitamins and minerals. Sufficient water intake is also necessary but that goes without saying when it comes to wet food.
Chunky Wet Cat Food
Perfect for cats entering adolescence and adulthood, cat wet foods with chunks are well received by active eaters and players who like their food to have some volume or a fan of dry kibble. Thick chunks of meat are mixed with a thick sauce to match the intensity which is then packed in cans to make proper servings.
Flaked Wet Cat Food
Much like chunky wet food that contains thick pieces of meat, flaked wet food for cats contains fish slices instead of meat. However, these pieces of fish are sliced thin, long, and flat instead of in the form of heavy chunks. Served in broth, this a good choice for cats who prefer fish over meat.
When it is about making picky eaters take their meals properly. Gravy wet cat food tops the list. It contains a very thick gravy that hides chunks of several kinds of meats in it. The different kinds of meats are mixed together to hide the tastes of the ones that your cat as a picky eater will decide to not eat and would end up eating its fill nicely. The meat pieces are typically chunks with a few other styles like shredded mixed in.
Wet Cat Food Pâté
A perfect pick for young kittens who still cannot chew properly and senior cats who are facing the same predicament, pâté wet cat foods are more like a thick spread instead of gravy or broth with meat or fish pieces. Uniformly smooth and very creamy this kind of cat food is quite popular in the market and is liked by a lot of owners for their felines.
The only difference between Pâté and puree is that the former one is more towards the solid form while the latter one inclines towards liquid. Puree cat wet foods are made by grinding cooked meat pieces with water to make a thick paste while Pâté is made by cooking and breaking down all the ingredients in a spreadable paste. Both these variants are great choices for wet cat food.
Wet Cat Food with Broth
This kind of wet cat food generally comes with shredded meat or fish pieces that are mixed in alight broth which is quite savory. It can be easily incorporated into a mixed diet that contains both dry and wet food for the kitties.
Tags: pet grooming supplies, cute dog collars, unscented kitty litter, good dry cat food, cool dog products, dog nail grinder, automatic dog food dispenser, cute cat toys, wireless fence for large dogs, luxury dog kennels