Best Interactive Cat Toys
Now that you are a cat parent, you must be aware of all the good and the bad things that come attached to being one. While you will have a furry little friend keeping you company all the time, you will also have to spend a huge portion of your day taking care of the needs of your little feline. Finding the right bed, the right food, the right kind of treats, the right catnip, the right towers to climb, and even the right kind of toys will be some of the most important tasks that you will have to handle when it comes to raising a cat.
While your vet, fellow cat owners, and many other sources can teach you a lot about choosing the right kind of nutritious foods for your cat, it is rather difficult to decide upon a toy that your cat is sure to enjoy.
Cat toys are a category of their own. There are several kinds of cat toys that one can explore from including stable toys, scratchers, catnips, and many more. But to be honest, the most popular kind of cat toys are interactive cat toys. Cats are active animals inherently when it comes to playing and they would find it more interesting if the toys interact with them back or have some kind of active playback.
Interactive toys are exactly the same. Allowing the cats to indulge in a more active and intriguing play, these toys keep them interested for a longer duration and allow them to grow in several areas as well. As evident, there are several kinds of cat interactive toys that one can explore from and there are several benefits that they put forth as well. Let us discuss them in a little more detailed manner.
Benefits of Cat Toys
Following is a list of top benefits that you will be offering your cat if you opt for an interactive cat toy:
- Mental Stimulation: With an array of challenges and puzzles that are almost completely alien concepts to your cat, cat interactive toys help in stimulating the minds of your felines and help them grow in a balanced and holistic way. Increasing their reflexive abilities and the thought process, these interactive toys help in harnessing the natural instincts that cats, generally wild, have inherently in their DNA.
- Physical Stimulation: While mental health is important, you can not be in its best shape if they just lie around on hammocks all day or play with little string toys while rolling on the floor. Exercise is very important for them but unlike dogs, cats not be taken on a walk, they simply don’t allow it. So, interactive toys act as a savior here and help you make your cat exercise. Most types of interactive toys require cats to move around, jump and even run like laser toys which means that they will get plenty of physical exercises and hence stay healthy.
- Bond Building: Unlike dogs, most cats take time to bond with their owners. They seldom play with them and are mostly lost in their own worlds. Interactive cat toys can be a great solution to this problem. Since most of these require assistance from a second person to be controlled, the toys can help you establish a good and strong bond with your cat easily and quickly. Your cat will even see you as a source of entertainment and will get comfortable very quickly.
- Natural Instinct Upgrade: If you have seen a string on a stick toy, you must be familiar with how cat toys work. Most of them are designed to work after being tuned with the natural instincts of these felines which are being a predator. You will find that most of these toys include snatching and grabbing as a play. Interactive toys take this natural instinct fellowship to a whole new level and help your cat grow into the fierce feline that they are meant to be.
- Solution for Boredom: Much like humans, cats tend to get bored of toys as well especially the toys that are just there – not moving or doing anything for the cat. Turns out that reciprocation plays an important role in keeping a feline interested in a toy for longer and killing boredom. This is why most pet parents go for interactive cat toys instead of the basic ones since cats do not indulge themselves in the fetch play that dogs seem to enjoy a lot and hence would require a little bit of high-end technology to get to the other end of boredom.
Now that you know about some of the most basic but important benefits of interactive cat toys, it is time that you update yourself about the different options that you are inclined to come across when searching for some. In order to select the best variant from the available ones in front of you. Following are the top types of interactive cat toys that you can try for your little kitty.
Interactive Cat Games
While toys that will make your pet run around are one thing, the interactive cat games often deal with their mental involvement in the play. These games generally include things like puzzles like whack the mole, maze toys, roller ball toys, etc. The main purpose of these toys is to stimulate the instinctive qualities of a cat and help them develop them ideally so that they grow into fine adult cats with all their natural instincts intact and mental health on point.
Young kittens are always in the need of extra care and attention both because they are too young to already know their way around the house and because they are more prone to explore new and exciting objects which may very well be dangerous to them but seem like a very fun toy to play with for example dental floss, yarns, rubber bands, paper clips, etc. This is where interactive toys for kittens come to light. These toys attract your new kitten immensely using special visuals, appearances, or sounds and keep them interested in the safer, more interesting things.
You must have noticed cats playing with feather-like objects or something that has furry aesthetics or noticed them sitting and staring out of the window at some birds. Combining all these qualities in one, interactive bird toys for cats are essentially made to mimic the feathers and softness of the birds. These toys are made in the form of a stick that a wire attachment to them containing a feathery end with multiple colors.
The colorful appearance attracts the cats and the flowy feathers wake up their predator instincts leading them to play fetch and jump on the toys. It is one of the simplest and one of the best interactive toy that you can get for you cat, however, it mostly requires a handler to keep the feathers moving and flowing so that the cat stays interested.
Another one of the popular choices is the laser toys for cats. These are essentially just laser pointers that are made to keep cat engulfed in a permanent mystery of “what is that moving red dot that I cannot catch?” You can find two kinds of interactive laser toys for cats – one is the basic beam toy that you will have to operate by hand and the other one is the automatic laser toy which shots the laser and keeps it moving in different directions on its own or as per the set timer. Depending on your schedule, availability, and needs, you can easily monitor and decide on a toy that will suit you and your cat the best.
Interactive Cat Toys with Timers
Making your life a little easier, these interactive cat toys allow you to go on with your daily lives without having to compromise on your schedule to entertain your cat. You can simply set the timer as per the playtime of your cat and leave everything else to the toy itself. There are a lot of their functions that can be controlled by timers including the movements depending on the variant that you have chosen.
If your little kitty is a big fan of the treats and catnips and cannot seem to get enough of them then these toys are the best choice for them. Catnip and treat interactive cat toys come with a simple feeding system attached to them where you can control the number of treats that are allowed outside. There are variants where a puzzle needs to be solved before your cat can get to the treats and catnip. These toys are a great choice to make obese cats do some exercising as well.
Tags: pet foods supplies, cat enclosures for outdoors, cat harness for walking, what is the best dry cat food, top cat products, fancy dog beds, cat tags, how to keep a diaper on a dog, dog food bowl, flea treatment for dogs